Monday, February 18, 2013

Souvenirs, Pyrex and a Sexy Bunny

Thank the thrift gods, things are picking up!  I was lucky to only experience a short dry spell a month or so ago, and that was more than enough for me thank you very much!  This past week was full of neat stuff.  Some of it was so neat I had to take it to the booth right away, before I even had time to take a picture of it.  Things are getting steadier there, and I don't want stale merchandise to ruin that so I've got to keep adding new goodies for everyone!
This Alaska souvenir plate didn't even make it to the booth or to Etsy because The Mom scooped it right up.  She has a little collection of vintage souvenir plates in her laundry room that is quite fabulous.  And we are both a little partial to the Alaska stuff because that is where my twin brother lives.

Speaking of my twin brother, these sweet salt and pepper shakers have a picture of the hospital where we were born!  How cool is that?!  I really love these, but will still list them in the Etsy shop.  I have too many shakers that we don't use already.




I was able to get this fabulous pencil sharpener listed on Etsy today.  Won't it look neat in a craft room or work shop?  It has a cool industrial appeal to it, like it should probably live next to a giant vice.  Do you guys remember these from school or maybe your Grandpa's workshop?  Items that evoke a nostalgic feeling are my favorite and the hardest to part with.  





This sweet little bunny is making eyes at you!  She's a saucy little thing isn't she?





And a little Pyrex never hurt anyone!
This Horizon Blue dish had a lid on it that someone took a bite out of, so I asked for a lower price and got it!  Butterfly Gold is almost always plentiful around here, as well as Snowflake, yet they still sell well for me.
Take a minute to appreciate how fabulous that pint sized (badabing!) stack is.  I'm in love with this color combination.  Ok, now take a moment to appreciate that this is how I found them at the thrift shop!  I glanced towards it and first thought, "no way!"  Then when I looked further I realized it was my first New Dots and solid Turquoise finds ever!  Hoarder me wants to keep the New Dots and add orange to the mix here, but I'm going to show some self control and list it online.


It was a great and super productive weekend.  Things were cleaned and photographed and sort of organized.  I even got the guts up to cut up a globe for a craft project!  More on that in a future post, just take my word for now that it is fabulous. : )  Did you guys have an awesomely productive weekend?


I'm joining the parties at Apron Thrift GirlSir Thrift A LotSumo's Sweet StuffRemnantYoung Heart Old Soul and A Living Space.  Have a great week everyone!!!






6 comments:

  1. I definitely would have had to look twice at the turquoise and Orange Dots to see if they were real too! That is definintely and amazing and rare find. Patience pays off, huh?

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dot and turquoise, even better together.
    The Horizon and Snowflakes are pretty awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post! I'd love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that pencil sharpener! If only I had a place to put it, I would snap it up. I'm sure it will sell quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all, especially that sexy bunny making the eyes. She looks like the one who twitterpates (wow, is that a verb?) Thumper in Bambie. Does that have a Disney stamp underneath it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...