Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wanted Wednesday - RAIN!!!

This week is more of a desperate need than a want.  My beloved state is on fire again, so we need rain!  Lots and lots of rain, over the whole dang state.  Something like 9 fires are burning here right now, with more popping up every day.  Two are burning not far from here.
This is the view from my area about 4 hours after it started.  That is Black Forest, about 30 miles away from me.  
The view from my parents house.  Less than 10 miles away from the fire...
This is a photo from The Gazette of the Royal Gorge in Canon City.  The fire here has burned more than 3,800 acres.  It is much closer to the bridge now.
And that is just a few of the fires burning right now.  I know fire is a natural thing, but two of my friends have probably lost their homes, countless others are gone or in jeopardy.  It's hard to be logical and rational when my friends are going through this nightmare. 
So please send your rain vibes or prayers, do a rain dance, whatever you want, just send it our way!  We can use all the help we can get.


Linking up at Rednesday.

3 comments:

  1. We went up to visit some friends in Loveland yesterday and could see the smoke from the Big Meadows fire coming up over the nearby mountain. Then on the way home, we could see the HUGE smoke plume from the Black Canyon fire from the time we got on E-470 where it meets I-25 near Erie. We followed it all the way home and I thought for sure the fire must be just east of my house because it looked like we were getting closer to it and it was so big. I was so surprised to get home and find out that it was much further south of here! SO much smoke. :( Scary. Last I heard this morning, my uncle & aunt are in a pre-evac area for the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had fires surrounding us last year so I know what it's like! Praying for you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is scary! Doing a rain dance STAT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...