Monday, July 1, 2013

Thrift Haul- Mid Century Estate Sale

This thrift haul is a bit weak again... actually the thrifts gave me squat!  But I did hit an estate sale at a super awesome and super huge mid century house this weekend.   This place was to die for!  Seriously,  the kitchen was turquoise!  I had to hide the foam in the corners of my mouth.
It was 6,000+ square feet of mid century goodness.  I would have taken more pics, but an employee was stink eyeing me and I didn't want to have to get sassy.  
This was the front of the house.   That iron gate was much cooler in person.  
Oh my lord, look at that door!  It's huge and fabulous!  This house has a really interesting layout since it is basically with a ranch but with a two floored basement.  Sounds strange, but it worked.
The ridiculously cool turquoise kitchen I mentioned earlier.  The only thing that wasn't original was the fridge.  It was all just so pretty!  I was drooling!




This set of Franciscan atomic starburst dishes almost made me wet myself!  I saw them and about ran down an old lady to get to them.  This was before I realized the price situation at this particular sale.  They were a bit out of my budget.
Wait, they already have a range and oven in the kitchen, what is this?!  It's their second full range and oven in basement area!  I'm thinking these people liked to entertain.  This was in their huge bar area.
Check out the gorgeousness of this Heywood Wakefield bedroom furniture.  There is also a vanity that isn't pictured.  It was in great shape and priced super well, though still way out of my league.  Aqua walls!
Ahhhh!  It's so creepy!  I'm kicking myself in the rear for not buying that thing!
It was like the lady collected everything us vintage bloggers drool over.  I bet if I had gotten there earlier I would have found Pyrex, but only a lone dishwashered blue dots was left.   She had paper ephemera out the wazoo and party decorations for every occasion.   She also had a lot of great Christmas stuff.  I  wish I would have been able to meet her, we could have been buds!
On to my meager little cache of treasures. 
These ornaments are the only reasonably priced ones I could find.   Everything was priced dang near at retail.   Kinda a bummer,  but I still found a few goodies I think.  The paper coasters totally crack me up.  They are on Etsy.  The cocktail napkins have partial song lyrics on the front with the entire song printed on the back.   So cute!  A bunch of post cards,  TWA playing cards and some little notes rounded out my purchases. Oh, and a fabulous Georges Briard cheese tray.  More paper than usual for me.  I also bought The Little Dude a push sweeper thing.   He has a cleaning supply thing.  I know it's weird and please don't ask me to explain because I don't understand.   The kids loves brooms and vacuums... he's a year and a half.
Anyways, it was a great sale that I wish had better prices,  but I was really just pleased to be able to see such a cool house.  It will be on the market soon and I'm dying to know what price they put on it.  Have you ever desperately wanted to live in a house you visit for a sale?
The Best Bud hit the Pyrex jackpot on Friday.   It was so good that it deserves it's own mini less wordy post tomorrow.
I'm joining the parties at Apron Thrift GirlSir Thrift A Lot, RemnantMod Vintage LifeThe Thrifty Groove, A Living Space and Joyful Treasure Hunting. Have a great week everyone! 

10 comments:

  1. Oh. Em. Gee! That house! It's like a time capsule or a movie set. I am dying over the aqua counters and tile in the kitchen...and the doors...and even the iron gate. Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going into fabulous homes is one of the most enjoyable aspects of going to estate sales. Great finds! Love the vintage Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That house is fantastic! I would have just stood there in aww at it. Especially the kitchen areas...my word, that is jaw dropping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just gotta go to an estate sale:) how about that iron gate! The gorilla mask is cool! http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/07/bicycle-basket-up-cycle.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. EYE CANDY ALL OVER! I woulda died in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like it was a great sale! I love vintage bar and entertainment stuff and love all the items you brought home (I think the paper coasters are my fav). I have been in many homes that I have visited for estate sales that I would just love to live in - most are in the historic district of our town.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to come home through that set of doors, sit in my turquoise kitchen, put on my King Kong monkey mask, eat a freshly baked dinner from my perfect oven, on my Franciscan atomic starburst dishes & shake my Franciscan atomic starburst salt shaker all over it, wipe my mouth with one of those napkins & use every single one of those coasters with an alcoholic strawberry drink & then use one of those wonderful linens to wipe the puke off my face once the night was done.

    Anyways, these people had great taste.

    ♥ Sir Thrift-A-Lot
    Thanks for linking up with THRIFTASAURUS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic sale and home! Thank you for sharing pictures of the place. I would have run over the old lady for the starburst as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...