Monday, April 28, 2014

This Past Week...

The Mom bought me the wonderful bakelite bracelet on the left, and it isn't even my birthday!  Look, it's so shiny, it sparkles.
She also bought this key, and she's keeping it (pouty face) but it's so cool I had to share it.  The Alamo was a fancy old hotel in downtown Colorado Springs that was built in the late 1800's  and closed in the 60's.  This little key is a piece of our local history.  How cool is that?!
 Is there a better way to recognize Earth Day than to light up your cool vintage globe lamp and admire it's beauty?  Well, yes!  But we didn't realize what day it was until almost bedtime, so this was the best we could do.  : )
 The Husband and I went out to dinner on Thursday before the community wildfire mitigation meeting, (sounds pretty exciting uh- oh yeah, we're out of control!)  and this wicked awesome bench sits outside near the restaurant.  Colorado Proud!!!
 Target got me again!  A cap and straw to turn my wide mouth ball jars into a fabulous cup...shut up and take my money!!!
 The booth is full, almost past capacity!  Check out all that fabulous Pyrex from last week.   I could stare at that all day...
 The Mom and I went to an antique shop yesterday, and big surprise, I found another globe!  But this one is the moon, and I don't have one of those, and it's awesome and I'm in love!!!  I'm still excited about it, can you tell?
 Okay, what the hell is this?!  Those things on the top are hooves, but the rest I'm just not sure of.  It freaks me out, that's for sure.
 More huge bakelite buttons!  These came from a little antique show we went to.  The guy had four small cases full of them.  It was fantastic!  He said he bought an estate that belonged to two generations of The Denver Dry Goods Store owners.  He also said he had two huge boxes full of them!  I almost asked him to marry me...not really, but still, that's pretty cool!  

Do you use Instagram yet?  If not, you should.  Just do it.  

9 comments:

  1. So much pretty pyrex! Booth is lookin' good, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much great stuff, where do I start! Yuck, that thing is creepy. Target does have a way of opening your wallet...."shut up and take my money", best laugh I've had all week. Loving your moon globe, and your new bracelet that looks great with your others, and the key your Mom got, super!

    Your booth looks fabu with all that joyous Pyrex...drool! Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The moon globe is SO SO COOL! I want one for my son's room. It's decorated in vintage space/robots. Only because I think my husband might object if I decorated the master bedroom in vintage space/robots.

    That furry thing? Words fail...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have decided that the next time I go into Target, I am going to walk straight to Customer Service and hand them my wallet. It's much easier that way...

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that moon globe! we saw one at the hunstville space center but i haven't seen on in the wild to buy! they are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen a moon globe, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen a moon globe! LUCKY! I love your bracelets too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat stuff! That hotel key is SO COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, LOVE it ALL!!! But one question - a friend and I were just looking for those metal lids and straws today like you found at Target....Were the lids/straws together by themselves? What section did you find them? I have been looking online but don't see them listed. Help, please!!! Thanks!!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your advice, tips and comments are sincerely appreciated!!! I need all the help I can get...